UPDATE September 12, 2022
New watch faces, an enhanced Workout ứng dụng, sleep stages, a first-of-its-kind AFib History feature, a redesigned Compass ứng dụng, and an all-new Medications ứng dụng are here
Bạn đang xem: watchos 9
Apple today launched watchOS 9, which brings new features and enhanced experiences to lớn the world’s leading wearable operating system. Apple Watch users now have more watch faces to lớn choose from, with richer complications that provide more information and opportunity for personalization. In the updated Workout ứng dụng, advanced metrics, views, and training experiences inspired by high-performing athletes help users take their workouts to lớn the next level. The Sleep ứng dụng includes sleep stages, and for users diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AFib), the new FDA-cleared AFib History feature provides deeper insights into a user’s condition. The new Medications ứng dụng makes it easy for users to lớn conveniently and discreetly manage, understand, and track medications.
New and Expanded Watch Faces
watchOS 9 introduces four new faces: Lunar, which depicts the relationship between the Gregorian calendar and lunar calendar, used in many cultures such as Chinese, Hebrew, and Islamic; Playtime, a dynamic piece of art that’s unique to lớn Apple Watch and created in collaboration with artist Joi Fulton; Metropolitan, a classic, type-driven watch face where the style changes as the Digital Crown is turned; and Astronomy, an original face that has been completely remastered and features a new star map and current cloud data.
The update brings enhanced and modernized complications to lớn some of the most classic watch faces, such as Utility, Simple, and Activity Analog, along with background color editing for Modular, Modular Compact, and X-Large for additional personalization. The Portraits face showcases the depth effect on more photos, including cats, dogs, and landscapes, while Chinese scripts have been added as options for California and Typograph watch faces. For the first time, any Apple Watch user running watchOS 9 — even those without a Nike model — will be able to lớn access all the Nike watch faces, including the fresh colors coming to lớn the tỷ lệ thoát face.
Focus now allows users to lớn select an Apple Watch face to lớn automatically appear when they start a specific Focus on iPhone, such as the Photos face during a Personal Focus, helping users stay in the moment.
Workout App Updates
The Workout ứng dụng, one of the most popular apps on Apple Watch, has been updated to lớn provide richer metrics for measuring performance, as well as new training experiences to lớn help users reach their fitness goals. The familiar in-session display now uses the Digital Crown to lớn rotate between easy-to-read Workout Views, ví users can see important metrics for different training styles. Heart Rate Zones, utilizing personalized Health data, can be used to lớn monitor the intensity of a workout. For interval training, the Workout ứng dụng introduces Custom Workouts, which can be used to lớn create a structured workout that includes work and recovery intervals. New alerts, including pace, power, heart rate, and cadence, can be added to lớn guide users throughout their workout.
For triathletes and duathletes, the Workout ứng dụng now supports a new Multisport workout type that automatically switches between any sequence of swimming, biking, and running workouts, using motion sensors to lớn recognize movement patterns. There is also a redesigned summary page in the Fitness ứng dụng on iPhone that offers additional details with interactive charts for more precise analysis of all workouts.
Updates for Runners
Apple Watch is already a powerful tool for runners, and watchOS 9 brings more data and features to lớn help track how efficiently users run rẩy. New running khuông metrics, including Stride Length, Ground Liên hệ Time, and Vertical Oscillation, can all be added as metrics on Workout Views. These metrics appear in the Fitness ứng dụng summary and in the Health ứng dụng, where users can see trends over time and learn from patterns.
A new Pacer experience lets users choose a distance and goal for the time in which they want to lớn complete a run rẩy, and calculates the pace required to lớn achieve the goal. During the workout, they can follow the pace alerts and metrics provided. Coming later this year, Race Route enables users to lớn race against their best or last result on frequently completed routes, and receive in-session pacing guidance. A new Track running experience, coming later this year to lớn the US, automatically detects that users are at a running track, and uses Apple Maps data along with GPS to lớn provide the ultimate pace and distance metrics for runners.
Xem thêm: xuyên không đến vương triều đại khang
Kickboard has been added as a new stroke type for Pool Swim workouts, using sensor fusion on Apple Watch to lớn automatically detect when users are swimming with a kickboard and classify the stroke type in the workout summary along with distance swam. Swimmers can now track their efficiency with a SWOLF score — a stroke count combined with the time, in seconds, it takes to lớn swim one length of the pool. Users can view their SWOLF average for each phối in the workout summary.
Redesigned Compass App
A completely redesigned Compass ứng dụng provides more in-depth information and new zoomable views, including a hybrid view that simultaneously shows both an analog compass dial and a digital view. Turning the Digital Crown reveals an additional view that includes latitude, longitude, elevation, and incline, as well as an orienteering view showing Compass Waypoints and Backtrack.
Backtrack uses GPS data to lớn create a path showing where the user has been, which is useful if they get lost or disoriented and need help retracing their steps. It can also turn on automatically in the background when off the grid. Compass Waypoints are a quick and convenient way to lớn mark a location or point of interest directly in the ứng dụng. Tapping the Compass Waypoint icon drops a waypoint. Selecting one provides a targeted view of the direction of the waypoint and an approximation of how far away it is.
The Sleep experience on Apple Watch already empowers users to lớn create Wind Down and Bedtime schedules, as well as track their sleep to lớn help them meet their goals. Sleep tracking in watchOS 9 provides even more insights with the introduction of sleep stages. Using signals from the accelerometer, Apple Watch can estimate when users are in REM, Chip Core, or Deep sleep, and when they are awake. Users will see sleep stage data on Apple Watch in the Sleep ứng dụng and can view more detailed information, lượt thích time asleep, alongside additional metrics, lượt thích heart rate and respiratory rate, in sleep comparison charts in the Health ứng dụng on iPhone.
The machine learning models were trained and validated against the clinical gold standard, polysomnography, with one of the largest and most diverse populations ever studied for a wearable. As the science of sleep is still being explored, users in the US will be able to lớn aid in potential discoveries by contributing their sleep stage data in the Apple Heart and Movement Study through the Research ứng dụng.
First-of-Its-Kind AFib History
Research suggests that the amount of time spent in AFib may impact a person’s symptoms, overall quality of life, and risk of complications.1 Previously, there has not been an easy way to lớn track the frequency of AFib over an extended period of time, or to lớn manage lifestyle factors that may influence one’s condition.
With watchOS 9, users who are diagnosed with AFib can turn on the FDA-cleared AFib History feature2 and access important information, including an estimate of how frequently a user’s heart rhythm shows signs of AFib, providing deeper insights into their condition.3 Users will also receive weekly notifications to lớn understand frequency and view a detailed history in the Health ứng dụng, including lifestyle factors that may influence AFib, lượt thích sleep, alcohol consumption, and exercise.
Users can tải về a PDF with a detailed history of their AFib and lifestyle factors, which can easily be shared with doctors and care providers for more informed conversations.
The new Medications experience on Apple Watch and iPhone helps users manage and track their medications, vitamins, and supplements, allowing them to lớn create a medications list, phối up schedules and reminders, and view information on their medications in the Health ứng dụng. The Medications ứng dụng on Apple Watch makes it easy for users to lớn conveniently and discreetly track medications anytime, anywhere.
Custom schedules can be created for each medication, whether it needs to lớn be taken multiple times a day, once a week, or as needed, and users can phối up reminders to lớn help keep them on track. In the US, users can quickly add medications using their iPhone camera, and receive an alert if there are potential critical interactions with medications they have added to lớn the Health ứng dụng.4
Updates to lớn Cycle Tracking
With iOS 16 and watchOS 9, Cycle Tracking users can now receive a notification if their logged cycle history shows a possible deviation, such as irregular, infrequent, or prolonged periods, and persistent spotting, which can be symptoms of underlying health conditions.
Xem thêm: cuồng si em
Privacy is fundamental in the design and development across all of Apple’s features. When a user’s iPhone is locked with a passcode, cảm biến ID, or Face ID, all of their health and fitness data in the Health ứng dụng — other than thở Medical ID — is encrypted. Any health data synced to lớn iCloud is encrypted both in transit and on Apple servers. When using iOS and watchOS with the mặc định two-factor authentication and a passcode, Health ứng dụng data synced to lớn iCloud is encrypted end-to-end, meaning that Apple does not have the key to lớn decrypt the data and therefore cannot read it.
Additional watchOS 9 Updates
- Low Power Mode extends battery life, maintaining core Apple Watch features lượt thích Activity tracking and Fall Detection, while disabling or limiting select sensors and features lượt thích background heart rate monitoring and the Always-On display.
- Users can now stay connected to lớn a cellular network while traveling abroad with international roaming plans.
- Notifications have been redesigned to be less interruptive while still being impactful, arriving with new slimline banners when Apple Watch is being actively used.
- Coming later this year, Family Setup will tư vấn the trang chủ ứng dụng ví a child can be invited as a thành viên to lớn control HomePod speakers and smart home page accessories.5 They will also be able to lớn use home page keys and khách sạn keys in Apple Wallet.
- With new Quick Actions on Apple Watch, users with upper body toàn thân limb differences can bởi even more with a double-pinch gesture, including answer or over a phone đường dây nóng, take a photo, play or pause truyền thông in the Now Playing ứng dụng, and start, pause, or resume a workout.
- Apple Watch becomes more accessible than thở ever for people with physical and motor disabilities with Apple Watch Mirroring, which helps users control Apple Watch remotely from their paired iPhone. With Apple Watch Mirroring, users can drive Apple Watch using assistive features on iPhone lượt thích Voice Control and Switch Control — ví they can navigate Apple Watch by using their voice, sound actions, head tracking, and external Made for iPhone switches as alternatives to lớn tapping the Apple Watch display.
- The QWERTY keyboard on Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch Ultra now has tư vấn for French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish (Mexico, Spain, Latin America).
- The updated Calendar app allows the creation of new events directly from Apple Watch. For the first time, users can access a Week view in addition to lớn updated List, Day, and Month views to lớn tư vấn more scrolling through calendar events.
- Cardio Recovery is a useful fitness metric that can be an indicator of cardiovascular health. Apple Watch now provides estimates of Cardio Recovery after an Outdoor Walk, Run, or Hiking workout, even when the workout does not reach peak intensity. This metric can be tracked over time in the Health ứng dụng.
- New APIs allow developers to lớn build best-in-class third-party apps, with CallKit and share sheet tư vấn, access to lớn Photos picker, and the ability to lớn integrate watchOS apps with Apple TV.
- watchOS 9 is available as a không lấy phí software update starting today for Apple Watch Series 4 or later paired with iPhone 8 or later and iPhone SE (2nd generation) or later, running iOS 16. For more information, visit táo Apple.com/watchos/watchos-9/.
- Some features may not be available in all regions or all languages, or with all makes and models.
- The first-of-its-kind AFib History feature in watchOS 9 has received a number of local clearances and approvals from health authorities around the world, and will be available in more than thở 100 countries and territories, including the US, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, Mexico, South Africa, the UK, and more. AFib History is coming to lớn nước Australia later this fall.
- AFib History is intended for use by people aged 22 years or older who have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation.
- The Medications feature should not be used as a substitute for professional medical judgment. Additional information is available on medication labels, but please consult a healthcare provider prior to lớn making any decisions related to lớn personal health.
- Family Setup requires the new trang chủ architecture. The new trang chủ architecture is a separate update in the trang chủ ứng dụng, and will be available in a software update later this year. It requires all Apple devices that access the home page to lớn be using the latest software. Sharing control of your home page and receiving trang chủ notifications require a home page hub. Only Apple TV and HomePod are supported as home page hubs.